North Shore couloir link-up

Skiing and mountain literature, photos, and innovative media
Atraslin
Giver don't skidder

North Shore couloir link-up

Post by Atraslin »

Alex and Maddy reminded me of a line I wanted to ski off Brunswick. Something closed
to home.

Shenanigans happened right off the bat. I pulled over to the side of the highway where the original trailhead used to be. I was all ready to go when Hugh and friends pull over beside me. A dog hiker, I didn’t really know what he meant, but he wanted me to park somewhere else. Something about a dog tripoding. So I argeed not realizing the new trailhead was up the hill. All of a sudden Ricky the dog jumps out of the van and starts running onto the highway. A logging truck locked up his breaks and almost hits Ricky Bobby, he was finally saved by Hugh. But once in the van he jumped out again. I retrieved him but with all the excitement I put my pack in the car with my keys in it.

Hughy Lewis said he would call BCAA; no one arrived for 45 minutes. I was sitting there listening to the new pennywise album on my walkman, when I see 3 time world mountain bike champion Allison Sydor road riding on the sea to sky. So I got up, grabbed a stick with a notch on it and broke into my car with it.

Good thing the rest of the ski went without incident. Just the slog on the logging road, a few tense moments crossing the lake. Wrestling trees to get to the summit and enjoying couloir skiing at lower elevations, in an area that probably doesn’t get skied very often. 45 minutes from home.

Hugh and friends

Mt. Brunswick North Couloir

Mt. Hanover South Couloirs

skykilo
olikyks
from Santa Fe

Re: North Shore couloir link-up

Post by skykilo »

Cool. Real Vancouver backcountry.

Alex

Post by Alex »

Sweet. But where are the clouds and variable snow conditions? :D

Was Deeks lake starting to thaw?

naomig
naomig

Post by naomig »

Looks cool. Sky opened his car with a stick the other day too.

danhelmstadter
voluntary admission

Post by danhelmstadter »

Nice one Andy.